With the world being in lockdown and digital mode, you may be considering hosting a virtual summit. Even pre-lockdown, virtual summits would bring a lot of benefits for your brand.
In addition to helping you deliver added value to your customers, virtual summits help you grow your list, make some money, show your expertise, and make some important connections with other people in your industry.
But you can’t do any of that if you’re make any of these rookie mistakes.
Mistake 1: Not planning ahead
A virtual summit is a big commitment. There are all kinds of moving parts you must coordinate, including:
· Multiple speakers and their many scheduling conflicts
· Email autoresponder connections
· Upsell and downsell opportunities
· Landing and access page creation
· Promotion schedules and marketing materials
This is not something you can pull together in a few days. Take your time, and consider hiring an expert to help you keep everything moving forward.
Mistake 2: Not getting out of your comfort zone
As the host of a virtual summit, you don’t get to fade into the background. Make a commitment to put yourself out there, not only when it comes to promoting your event, but also when inviting guests. Reach for the stars, and don’t be afraid to approach your “dream” guest. You never know who might just say yes.
Mistake 3: Not testing everything
No single webpage should be published, and no email sent without a thorough testing of everything, including:
· Buttons—are they clickable and do they lead where you think they do?
· Links—watch for broken links, placeholders and 404 errors.
· Spelling and grammar—proofread everything, including the names of your presenters.
· Upsell/downsell funnels—make sure products are buyable and easy to access.
· Content delivery pages—do your videos and downloads work?
· Guest offers—opt-in for all of your guests’ free offers to be sure they work as expected.
· Timers and coupons (if you’re using them)